Roger Mooking's Crispy Chicken Lollies
- prep time 15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
1 pound (500 g) ground chicken
½ cup (125 mL) grated onion
1 tablespoon (15 mL) VH® Regular or Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce
½ cup (125 mL) cilantro
2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
½ cup (125 mL) VH® Plum Dipping Sauce
2 cups (500 mL) puffed rice
1. Preheat a wide frying pan to medium heat.
2. Combine the ground chicken, onion, soya sauce and cilantro. Mix well and form 16 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
3. Place the oil in the frying pan then add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove the cooked meatballs and place them in a bowl with VH® Plum Sauce, toss to coat.
5. Add puffed rice to a separate bowl. Skewer each meatball and dip into puffed rice cereal to coat. Serve warm.