Directions for: Rolled Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
lb. (875 g) turkey breast, boneless, skinless
clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
Tbsp (30 ml) sage leaves, chopped fresh
Tbsp (30 ml) rosemary leaves, chopped fresh
Tbsp (15 ml) Becel® Buttery Taste* margarine
small carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
cup (250 ml) reduced sodium chicken broth
red onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Lay the turkey breast on a cutting board; place the palm of your hand on top of the breast. Carefully insert a sharp paring knife into the thickest part of the breast and cut almost all the way through, being careful to keep the breast attached on one side. Open the breast like a book and lay flat.
3. Cut small slits evenly across the inside of the turkey breast and insert sliced garlic into them. Sprinkle the inside of breast with half of the herbs. From the narrowest end, roll up turkey breast jellyroll style and secure with kitchen string to keep in place.
4. Brush the turkey roll with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and sprinkle with the remaining herbs. Place the turkey into the centre of a roasting pan. Scatter the carrots and onions evenly around the roast in centre of roasting pan and scatter carrots and onions evenly around. Roast for 60 to 70 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F to 170°F (73°C to 77°C) in the thickest part. Transfer the turkey and vegetables to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
5. Pour the reduced sodium chicken stock into the roasting pan and cook the broth and pan juices over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by half. To serve, carve the turkey into slices and serve with roasted vegetables and pan juices.