Root Vegetable Risotto with Carrot Butter
- prep time 30 min
- total time 105 min
- serves 4
8 to 10 large carrots
1 tsp cornstarch, diluted in water
1 cup butter, melted
Salt and pepper, to tasteRoot Vegetable Risotto
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cup parsnips, peeled and cut in small cubes
2 cup parsley roots, peeled and cut in small cubes
2 cup salsify, peeled and cut in small cubes
2 cup celeriac, peeled and cut in small cubes
4 cup vegetable stock, store-bought or homemade
¼ cup butter
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
¼ cup of parsley chopped
¼ cup of chives chopped
Salt and pepper, to tasteGrilled King Erenghi Mushrooms
3 Tbsp olive oil
12 to 16 king Erenghi mushrooms
1 tsp steak spiceGarnish
1. With a juicer, juice the carrots to obtain 1 l (4 cups) of carrot juice.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the carrot juice to a simmer and cook on low heat until reduced to 1 cup (250 ml), about 45 minutes. Add the diluted cornstarch. Slowly add the melted butter and incorporate using a hand mixer or whisk. Season to taste and set aside.Root Vegetable Risotto
1. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable stock.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté the vegetables. Add ladles of vegetable stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding vegetable stock until the vegetables are cooked, but still al dente, about 25 minutes. Add butter, Parmigiano Reggiano and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.Grilled King Erenghi Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
2. In a skillet, heat oil and sauté the mushrooms until golden brown. Season with steak spice. Continue cooking in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. For serving: Divide root vegetable risotto, top with king Erenghi mushrooms, drizzle with the carrot butter and garnish with herbs.
4. *Cook’s note: If you don’t have a juicer, use store-bought carrot juice.Garnish