- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 pound of sweet potatoes, peeled (454 g.)
1 pound of Russet potatoes, peeled (454 g.)
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh rosemary (15 ml)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons coarse salt (10 ml)
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper or to taste (5 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F (200 C) degrees.
2. Lightly grease two non-stick medium baking sheets.
3. Using two separate medium bowls, divide ingredients as follows: To one bowl add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. of coarse salt and cracked black pepper. Stir mixture until well blended. Set aside. To the second bowl add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh garlic clove, 1 tsp of coarse salt and cracked black pepper. Stir mixture until well blended. Set aside.
4. Cut peeled sweet and Russet potatoes lengthwise, into thin wheel wedges, about ¼ inch thick. Place sweet potato wheels into the bowl containing the balsamic vinegar mixture. Toss them in the mixture until all potatoes are well coated.
5. Place Russet potatoes into the bowl containing the rosemary/garlic mixture. Toss them in the mixture until all potatoes are well coated.
6. Arrange potato wheels in a single layer on the greased baking sheet. Use a separate baking sheet for the sweet and the Russet potatoes.
7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning a couple of times until potatoes reach a golden brown colour.
8. Arrange on a large platter with the dipping sauce in the middle. Serve while still hot so they don’t loose their crispness.