Roquefort Pear Biscuits
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 10
2 ¼ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives
⅓ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
¾ cup milk
1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
⅓ cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
1 egg, (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 9-by 12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and chives in a food processor. Pulse until blended.
4. Add the cold butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in milk, pear and Roquefort until mixture just comes together.
6. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until dough just holds together. Do not overwork the dough.
7. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper.
8. Chill for 30 minutes.
9. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1-inch.
10. Use a round 2-inch cookie cutter to cut 10 to 12 biscuits.
11. Place on prepared baking sheet.
12. Beat egg and brush biscuits.
13. Bake 15 to 17 minutes until golden.