Sage Gnocchi with Squash Puree, Chantrelles and Corn
- prep time 80 min
- total time 140 min
- serves 10
1 oil for greasing tray
900 g russet potatoes, baked, peeled and riced, hot
1 egg yolk
3 oz brown butter
1 bunch sage leaves, dehydrated in microwave until crispy and ground in spice grinder
150 g all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
21 g salt
1 boiling salted water for cooking Sage GnocchiSquash Puree
3/10 cup brown butter
1 shallot, sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 saltSautéed Mushrooms
2 Tbsp brown butter
2 cup small chantrelles, cleaned
2 cup medium shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1 saltRoasted Cauliflower
1 Tbsp brown butter
1 cup cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 saltRoasted Corn
1 tsp butter
¼ cup fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob
1 roasted cauliflower
2 Tbsp chives, sliced
1. Place hot riced potatoes in a large bowl.
2. Place egg and yolk in centre of riced potatoes.
3. Add salt, brown butter and sage powder to potato mixture. Fold together until smooth.
4. Add flour, fold gently until just combined.
5. Dust a clean dry surface with flour. Roll dough into 1`` thick logs. Cut dough into nickel sized pieces.
6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
7. Blanch until Sage Gnocchi begin to float.
8. Using a spider, gently remove and place on oiled tray. Set aside until assembly.Squash Puree
1. Place 1 tablespoon of brown butter in a large Sautépan over medium heat.
2. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt, Sautéuntil tender.
3. Add butternut squash and toss.
4. Cover with water, simmer until soft, approximately 20 minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender, puree with remaining brown butter. Keep warm until assembly.Sautéed Mushrooms
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of brown butter in a large Sautépan over high heat.
2. Add shiitake and chanterelle mushrooms. Season with salt, Sautéuntil liquid has evaporated and mushrooms begin to caramelize. Approximately 5 minutes
3. Set aside until assembly.Roasted Cauliflower
1. Heat brown butter in a Sautépan over medium high heat.
2. Add cauliflower, season with salt, Sautéfor 2-3 minutes per side until tender and golden.
3. Set aside until combining with Roasted Corn.Roasted Corn
1. Heat butter in a Sautépan over medium-high heat.
2. Add corn, season with salt and Sautéuntil caramelized.
3. Add Roasted Cauliflower to corn. Toss and set aside until assembly.Assembly
1. Spoon squash puree into a bowl.
2. Warm Sautéed Mushrooms and Sage Gnocchi in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and approximately 2 tablespoons of hot water to pan. Toss to glaze and spoon on Squash Puree.
3. Spoon Roasted Cauliflower and Corn over Sage Gnocchi.
4. Garnish with celery leaves and chives, serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site