Salmon En Papillote with Fennel and Roasted Peppers
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
1 small fennel, bulb
4 roasted red pepper, drained, and, sliced
4 salmon, fillets, (1 1/2 lbs total)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons pernod
2 tablespoons licorice-flavoured liqueur
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Cut stalks off fennel.
2. Cut fennel in half crosswise; remove core.
3. Cut each half into 8 thin slices.
4. Place 4 slices in centre of each of four 18-inch (45 cm) long piece of parchment paper or foil.
5. Sprinkle with red peppers.
6. Top with salmon.
7. In small bowl, combine oil, Pernod, garlic, parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper; spoon over salmon.
8. Fold long edges of paper together, overlapping to seal; securely; seal ends and fold toward middle.
9. Bake on baking sheet in 425 F (220 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
10. Serve with lemon wedges.