- prep time 1 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
1 filleted wild sockeye salmon, pin bones removed and cut into 6 ounce portions
1 pinch salt and pepper
½ cup golden brown sugar
1 thinly sliced red onionQuinoa
1 onion, diced fine
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp oil
1 cup quinoa
½ cup wild mushrooms, rehydrated in hot water
1 ½ cup mushroom liquid
½ tsp thyme
salt and pepperSpinach Gomaae
1 bag washed and cleaned baby spinach
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 Tbsp water
1 ¼ Tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Portion the salmon and place on baking sheet, season with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cover with sliced onion. Bake until just firm to touch, approx. 10 to 12 minutes.Quinoa
1. Sauté the onion in oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add the garlic once onion is translucent, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add quinoa and continue to sauté until grains are coated with oil.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms and liquid.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to minimum and cover, simmer for 15 minutes.Spinach Gomaae
1. Blanch spinach in boiling salted water.
2. Remove from water and shock in ice water.
3. Drain spinach and squeeze out excess water.
4. Set aside ½ tablespoon of sesame seeds for garnish. Grind the remainder in pestle and mortar. In a mixing bowl combine sesame seed paste, water, soy sauce and sugar.
5. Toss spinach in sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.