Sarah's Pecan Puffs
- prep time 20 min
- total time 65 min
- serves NULL
2 cup of pecans
2 sticks of butter
4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup sifted cake flour
1. Add pecans to food processor. Puree until well ground and fine, almost to the consistency of pecan butter.
2. Add butter and brown sugar to food processor and mix until mixture appears frothy.
3. Add vanilla and mix again.
4. Add flour a little at a time, pulsing food processor between additions. Resulting mixture should appear as a thick paste.
5. Place mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
6. After refrigeration, scoop out bite sized amounts of the pecan mix with a spoon.
7. Roll dough into bite sized balls and place fairly close together on baking sheet.
8. Bake at 300 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, until puffs just start to turn golden brown.
9. Place a cooling rack on top of several sheets of waxed paper.
10. After puffs have cooled to the touch move to cooling rack, placing them as close together as possible.
11. Use a cake duster to sprinkle lots of icing sugar on the puffs. It’s supposed to look like snow.
12. Give the puffs a fresh dusting of icing sugar again when ready to serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site