Savoury Baked Brie
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 10
3 cups (750 mL) arugula, trimmed
¼ cup (50 mL) lightly toasted pine nuts
4 teaspoons (20 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
¼ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
¼ teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
¾ cup (175 mL) sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
2 4-inch (10 cm) rounds of Brie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 Celsius). In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, immerse arugula in fine mesh sieve for 30 seconds. Rinse with cold water. Drain and squeeze dry.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine arugula, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic. Pulse until thick paste forms. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.
3. Remove top rind of Brie. Spread with half of arugula mixture. Top with half of sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat with second Brie.
4. Bake on parchment lined baking sheet, at least 2-inches (5 cm) apart, until cheese is soft in centre, 10-12 minutes.
5. Tip: To check if cheese is soft, pierce with a skewer or toothpick.