Scallop Corn Bacon Burger
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
½ cup mayonnaise
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tsp green Tabasco or more
Salt and pepper
3 ears of corn shucked, silks removed
1 ½ lb. sea scallops debearded
1 tsp Cajun spice
¼ cup green onion minced
12 slices cooked crispy bacon, minced
½ cup bread crumbs
Zest of 2 lemons
3 green onions minced
1. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise with the green Tabasco and lime zest and lime juice. Mix the sauce together and refrigerate until needed.
2. Remove the husks from the corn and lay the cobs on a baking tray. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat (375°F) (190°C).
4. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
5. Place corn on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes turning often.
6. Remove the corn from the grill. Hold the cob upright on the cutting board and using a sharp knife cut downwards removing the corn kernels from the cob. Discard the cobs.
7. In a food processor process half of the corn kernels to a paste. Add 1 third of the scallops, a pinch of salt and pepper and Cajun spice and process again to a paste. Add the remaining scallops a little at a time and pulse lightly so that the scallops are still chunky.
8. Place the mixture into a large bowl.
9. Fold the green onion, remaining whole corn kernels, minced bacon, breadcrumbs and lemon zest into the mixture.
10. With oiled hands pat the mixture into burgers and place them on a clean tray. Cover the burgers with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
11. Preheat grill to medium high heat 375°F (190°C).
12. Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and drizzle them with vegetable oil.
13. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
14. Place the burgers on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
15. Toast some soft buns on the warming rack while the second side of the burgers cook.
16. Serve with sliced avocado drizzled with lime juice, lettuce, tomato and Tabasco mayo.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site