Seared Lake Perch with Sweet Peas and Mint
- prep time 0 min
- total time 48 min
- serves 6
12 2 ½ ounce fillets of lake perch, skin on
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons butter
pepperSweet Peas and Mint
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, minced
2 cups fresh green peas
¼ cup chicken stock
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons mint, chiffonade
Sweet Peas and Mint
Seared Lake Perch
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons tarragon, leaves picked
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Season perch with salt and pepper on both sides. Place fillets in pan, skin side down. Cook until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip on other side and cook until golden, approximately 30 seconds - 1 minute. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate for assembly.Sweet Peas and Mint
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a Le Creuset Sauté Pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper. Sweat until tender and translucent, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add green peas and chicken stock, sauté until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, add lemon zest and juice, toss.
5. Remove from heat, add lemon zest and juice, toss.Assembly
1. Spoon Sweet Peas and Mint on a large platter intended for family style plating.
2. Place Seared Lake Perch fillets on top, squeeze lemon juice on top of perch, drizzle with olive oil, garnish with tarragon and serve.