Sesame Cashew Noodles
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
8 ounces package cellophane noodles (also known as bean thread noodles) (224 g)
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
½ cup unsalted roasted cashews
1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons sugar
⅓ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Japanese eggplant, sliced
2 carrots, sliced on diagonal
4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
2 green onions, sliced on diagonal
toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Soak noodles in large bowl of warm water for at least 15 minutes.
2. In wok or large skillet, toast sesame seeds and Szechuan peppercorns until sesame seeds are golden and peppercorns are fragrant. Transfer sesame seeds and peppercorns to a blender. (Set wok aside.) Add cashews, ginger, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and coconut milk to blender. Puree until smooth.
3. Heat oil in wok over high heat. Stir fry eggplant and carrots until slightly softened. Add snow peas for 1 minute.
4. Drain noodles and add to wok with the sesame cashew mixture. Cook until fully heated through, tossing noodles in pan to coat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve.