Shiitake Mushroom and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 2
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable or safflower oil
1 onion, coarsely, chopped
1 garlic, clove, coarsely, chopped
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 cup sugar snap peas
6 shiitake mushroom, stems removed
2 bunches baby bok choy, halved, lengthwise
3 tablespoons tamari sauce
1 teaspoon honey
black sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Chop all vegetables before beginning to cook.
2. Heat both sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large wok until almost smoking.
3. Add the onion and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute or until soft.
4. Add the garlic, ginger and red and yellow peppers and snap peas. Toss for a further 2 minutes until peppers are just beginning to soften.
5. Add the mushrooms and continue to toss over high heat for 2 minutes.
6. Add remaining ingredients and cover for 1 to 2 minutes to steam bok choy.