Shoreline Fried Halibut
- prep time30 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
Fried halibut marinated in a spicy soy marinade from Roger Mooking.
1 cup soy milk
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp black pepper
1 ½ lb(s) halibut, cut into 1½ oz piecesShoreline Fried Halibut
1 cup vegetable oil for cooking in a cast iron pan, or, cook using the same vegetable oil from Tofu Fries recipe
1 cup flour
halibut marinated in Spiced Soy Milk Marinade
salt and pepper
1. Pour soy milk in a wide baking dish. Whisk in garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and black pepper.
2. Add halibut pieces to marinade, for at least 30 minutes, maximum 24 hours.Shoreline Fried Halibut
1. Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron pan over medium high heat, or heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees in a large pot 1/3 full.
2. Line a baking tray with paper towel.
3. Place flour in a paper bag.
4. Remove halibut from Soy Marinade and place, a few pieces at a time in a paper bag, shake well and cook either in a cast iron pan to shallow fry or pot to deep fry.
5. For cooking in a cast iron pan, turn halibut over on all sides until golden brown, approximately or if deep frying, cook until golden brown and crisp approximately 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove Shoreline Fry Halibut from heat, season with salt and pepper and repeat with remaining halibut.