Shrimp Brochettes in a Black Bean Sauce, Rice and Asparagus
- prep time 15 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
6 4-6 shrimp skewers (approx 55 grams each) You can find these in most grocery stores, but if you can’t it’s easy to skewer your own.
¾ cup cups orange juice
1 tsp 1 tsp prepared garlic for all (from a jar)
1 ½ tsp tsp prepared ginger for all (from a jar)
¼ cup cup black bean sauce
1 ½ Tbsp tbsp brown sugar for all
2 tsp tsp dried coriander
I prefer fresh coriander, also called cilantro, but I don’t always have it on hand.
1 ½ cup cups basmati or white rice
3 cup cups water
Prepared shrimp skewers
18 15-18 asparagus spears
1 pinch Pinch of salt
1 tsp 1 tsp butter (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450º F.
2. Lay shrimp skewers in a shallow pan.
3. Pour orange juice over the skewers.
4. Spread garlic sparingly over each skewer of shrimp and do the same with the ginger.
5. Drizzle black bean sauce over each skewer.
6. Sprinkle with brown sugar and coriander.
7. Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid.
8. Cover and cook at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes.
9. When timer rings for rice, place shrimp pan in oven.
10. Set oven timer for 10 minutes.
11. Wash asparagus and remove tough end nodes.
12. Place in a microwave safe pot with lid. Cover and cook at high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and add butter if you must.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site