Slap to the Kisser
- serves 6
Recipe courtesy of Taco Justice League.
¼ cup lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 handful cilantro
salt and pepper, to tasteKisser-Slaw
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
⅛ cup white onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup carrots, julienned
1 cup cucumbers, julienned
Dress-zing (above)Oh Snap Sauce
¼ cup snap peas
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp white onion, diced
¾ cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper, to tasteTuna
1 lb(s) + 8 oz ahi tuna
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp sunflower oilTaco
sunflower oil, to coat pan
6 flour tortillas
6 pickled Thai chilies, chopped
Oh Snap Sauce (above)
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Combine lime juice, honey, ginger, cilantro, salt and pepper in a blender on high speed and slowly add oil until completely emulsified.Kisser-Slaw
1. Combine cilantro, onions, carrots and cucumbers in a bowl. Toss with Dress-zing until slaw is evenly coated.Oh Snap Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in blender on high speed until puréed.Tuna
1. Cut tuna into 2-inch squares or long triangle pieces. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a pan with oil. Once the oil just begins to smoke add the fish and sear it on all sides to desired doneness.
3. Slice fish into ¼-inch strips.Taco
1. Heat sunflower oil in a pan over medium heat. Grill flour tortillas in pan until desired crispiness.
2. Distribute sliced fish evenly between the tortillas.
3. Sprinkle one chopped pickled Thai chili over each taco.
4. Next, drizzle 1 teaspoon of Oh Snap Sauce and 1 teaspoon of Dress-zing over each taco.
5. Finish with a small handful of Kisser-Slaw and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!