Slow Cooker Stew with Multigrain Buns and Salad
- serves 4
Set the slow cooker and go, this tasty stew will be ready when you get home from work.
675 g sirloin steak, boneless and trimmed (1.5 lbs)
1 ½ tsp prepared garlic (7 mL)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 celery stalks
1 cup frozen baby carrots
1 can chili stewed tomatoes (398 mL)
1 can deep brown beans in sweet sauce (398 mL)
½ cup ketchup (125 mL)
2 can cut potatoes (drained) (398 mL each)
4 to 5 multigrain buns
1. The night before…
Cut beef into bite size pieces and place in centre pot of slow cooker (you may brown first) Add prepared garlic and pepper.
2. Sliver onion, chop celery and slice mushrooms in half adding to meat pot as you cut.
3. Add to the pot: carrots, canned tomatoes, brown beans and ketchup.
4. Stir well and cover with lid and place in fridge overnight.
5. In the morning…
Return center pot, with cover, to outer liner of slow-cooker. Set on low heat.
6. When you arrive home…
Make and eat salad first to stave off hunger.
7. Put salad in a bowl.
8. Drizzle ranch dressing.
9. Cut and put potatoes into stew for a few minutes until heated through.
10. Serve stew with multigrain buns.