Smoked Trout Rillettes
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
Ease of preparation: Easy
Ricardo Larrivée Ricardo and Friends
¾ cup (180 ml) 35% cream
1 French shallot, thinly sliced
2 fresh thyme stems
½ tsp (2.5 ml) black peppercorns, cracked
2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
5 oz (150 g) smoked trout, sliced
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp (15 ml) brandy
1. In a saucepan, bring to a boil the cream, shallot, thyme, pepper and butter. Let reduce to half over medium heat.
2. Pour the cream through a strainer and return it to the saucepan.
3. Add the trout and continue cooking over medium heat for 3 minutes while stirring.
4. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and the brandy.
5. While whisking, pour a small amount of hot cream to temperate mixture.
6. Pour this mixture into the saucepan and reheat while whisking.
7. Pour the Rillettes into two ramekins that can contain a 1/2 cup (125 ml) and cover with a plastic film. Refrigerate 3 hours.
8. Serve with croutons and pickles.