- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4 servings
½ green pepper, small dice
½ red pepper, small dice
½ yellow onion, small dice
4 pounds lean ground beef
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
⅛ cup coarse black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized frying pan sauté all vegetables in canola oil over medium heat until slightly transparent.
3. Place sautéed vegetables, ground beef, and the egg together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Add seasoning and bread crumbs and mix again.
6. Take mixture and place it on a baking sheet.
7. Work the mixture and form it into a long oval shape.
8. Smooth the outside of loaf so there are no cracks or blemishes.
9. Sprinkle course black pepper to the top of the meatloaf.
10. Place in oven and bake for approximately 2-3 hours or until inside temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. To serve slice meatloaf, place on grill for 7-10 minutes, and slather with your favourite BBQ sauce.