S'Mores Frozen Treat
- prep time1 min
- total time 5 min
- serves 8
Devour the sweet smokey taste of s'mores by Audrey Tannant in a frozen treat!
For more information visit Recipe to Riches!
2 cup 35% whipping cream
1 cup 2% milk
½ cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
4 cup miniature marshmallows
½ cup milk chocolate chips
¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup graham crackers broken into pieces (do not use crumbs)
1. In large saucepan, combine cream, milk and sugar. Heat over medium-high heat until steaming with bubbles forming around edge of pan. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 3 tbsp (45 mL) water until smooth. Whisk into hot cream mixture. Return to medium-high heat. Whisk until mixture boils; cook 1 minute longer, whisking constantly. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Place piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of mixture. Chill at least one hour. Place a bowl in freezer to chill.
3. Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with foil. Place marshmallows on baking sheet in single layer. Broil on top rack for 20 to 30 seconds or until browned on top. Do not leave unattended as they may catch fire. Set marshmallows aside to cool.
4. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Place both types of chocolate chips in heatproof bowl. Place over (not in) saucepan of simmering (not boiling) water; stir until melted and smooth. Stir in graham cracker pieces to coat well. Spread in single layer onto baking sheet, separating individual pieces as much as possible. Place in freezer.
5. Place marshmallows in blender. Add cold custard. Puree until smooth. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to machine directions. Transfer soft ice cream to chilled bowl. Break chocolate-coated graham cracker pieces apart; fold into soft ice cream. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.