Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- prep time 15 min
- total time 28 min
- serves 12
1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cup rolled oats
Vanilla ice cream
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter with the brown sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture. Stir in the rolled oats using a wooden spoon.
5. With lightly floured hands, shape 75 ml (1/3 cup) of the dough into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, arranging 6 balls on each sheet. Press the balls until they are about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Bake 1 sheet at a time for about 13 minutes; the centre of the cookie should still be soft. Let cool slightly.
6. Using a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to serving plates. Garnish each with a scoop of ice cream.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site