Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- serves 4
This fresh simple dish contains very few ingredients so it’s particularly important that the garlic doesn’t brown in the pan, which would cause the entire dish to taste bitter. Yield is 4 servings.
½ lb(s) spaghetti
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
¼ tsp red pepper, flakes
¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
grated Pecorino cheese, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat oil over low heat in a small saucepan.
4. Add garlic and saute just until garlic softens but does not brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add pepper flakes and parsley.
7. Toss sauce and pasta in a large bowl with tongs.
8. Add salt and pepper and cheese to taste.