Spaghetti With Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
0 min total time
0 min serves
Roast a dozen plum tomatoes this weekend. Even if you do it on the spot, this dish is quick and uncomplicated to prepare. Fabulous with a side Caeser salad. Recipe courtesy of Rosa Marinuzzi, Seven Numbers.
Directions for: Spaghetti With Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
roma or plum tomato, thickly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic, cloves, chopped
bunch fresh basil, olive
cup olive oil
freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Line the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch roasting pan with a layer of tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and about 1 teaspoon of the chopped garlic. Sprinkle with 5 to 10 fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. Repeat process 2 more times creating 3 layers of tomatoes. Place in oven for 2 to 3 hours until tomatoes are well roasted but not burnt.
6. In a large deep-sided sauté pan add 1/4 cup olive oil and the rest of the chopped garlic. Sauté until garlic is lightly browned.
7. Add the roasted tomatoes, about 1/4 cup basil leaves and cooked spaghetti to the skillet. Season. Toss on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Serve with more fresh basil leaves and lots of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.
Check out the site