Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Chicken and Sausage
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into large chunks
2 Italian sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 onions, peeled and chopped
10 whole cloves garlic, peeled
28 oz can whole tomatoes
2 cup Arborio rice
3 cup chicken stock
1 cup of your favourite red or white wine
3 bay leaves
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
1 lb. of shrimp, shelled and deveined
1. Heat a large flat sauté pan or traditional paella pan. Add a splash of oil and begin to brown the chicken and sausages. Once they have browned set them aside on a plate.
2. Add the onions to the hot pan and a small splash of oil, sauté until golden.
3. Add the garlic and stir for a few moments.
4. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon.
5. Add rice, stock, wine, bay leaves, rosemary, red pepper, the reserved meat and the shrimp.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender, about thirty minutes.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site