Spice-Crusted Tuna with Sesame and Lime
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 pound fresh tuna, cut into 4 pieces
1 teaspoon ginger, grated (5 ml)
½ teaspoon coriander seed, crushed (2 ml)
½ teaspoon fennel seed, crushed (2 ml)
½ teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed (2 ml)
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tamari (30 ml)
2 teaspoons sesame oil (10 ml)
1. Combine ginger, coriander seed, fennel seed, peppercorns and lime zest in a shallow pan.
2. Combine lime juice, garlic, tamari and sesame oil in another shallow pan.
3. Dip the tuna into the lime juice mixture and then press into the spice mixture, so that it adheres to all sides of the tuna.
4. Season tuna with with salt and sear over high heat for 1-2 minutes per side for rare.
5. Slice tuna and arrange on a plate. Serve with Eggplant Stir Fry with Kaffir and basmati rice.