Spicy Black Bean and Raisin Chili with Fresh Pineapple and Tortillas
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 ½ lb(s) (675 gms) Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 can Black Beans (19 oz / 540 ml)
1 can Mixed Beans (19 oz / 540 ml)
1 can Tomatoes, Chili Style (19 oz / 540 ml)
1 can Tomato Paste (5.5 oz / 156 ml)
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Chunky Salsa
¼ cup Sultana Raisins
1 Fresh Pineapple
4 cup Baked Tortilla Chips
½ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese, Light (Optional)
Southwest Salsa (Optional)
Sour Cream, No-Fat (Optional)
Fresh Cilantro (Optional)
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Brown meat in a large stove-top pot at med-high.
3. Stir until meat is no longer pink. Drain most of the liquid from the black beans and add all but 1/4 cup beans to pot.
4. Mash reserved beans with a fork and then add those to pot as well.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin powder, salsa and raisins to pot.
6. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low. Set timer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Meanwhile: Slice pineapple and place on a serving dish at the dinner table.
8. Pour tortilla chips into a serving bowl and place at the dinner table.
9. This chili looks beautiful garnished with cheddar, salsa, sour cream and cilantro. When timer rings, dinner is ready.