Spicy Sweet Potato Soup with Crispy Tortillas
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
¼ cup olive oil
3 onions, peeled and chopped
4 cup chicken stock
2 large sweet potatoes, washed and grated
1 chipotle pepper, in adobe sauce
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 small bunch cilantro, minced
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
1 flour tortilla
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add oil and onions. Sauté until golden brown.
3. Add the stock and grated sweet potatoes and stir.
4. Bring to a simmer and add chipotle pepper, cinnamon and salt.
5. Continue to simmer until potatoes have softened.
6. Puree in a blender, or with an immersion blender.
7. Adjust seasoning and, if necessary, adjust the thickness by adding a cup or so of water.The Garnish
1. Stir cilantro into sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roll tortilla into a cigar shape and slice thinly.
3. Place on a baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes.
4. Top each bowl of soup with a dollop of sour cream and a handful of the tortilla chips.