Spinach and Lemon Risotto
- prep time10 min
- total time 38 min
- serves 4
Succulent shrimp on soft and warm lemon risotto is a great transitional dish between summer and fall.
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 ml)
12 large shrimps cleaned and de-veined, tail intact
2 Tbsp ouzo (30 ml)
2 Tbsp butter (30 ml)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to tasteRisotto
4 cup of veal stock (or low sodium chicken stock) (1 L)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
2 cup of Arborio rice (500 ml)
¼ cup butter (60 ml)
1 cup grated Kefalotyri cheese (250 ml)
1 cup feta cheese, cubed (250 ml) + more to garnish
4 cup of spinach (1 L)
Juice and zests of 1 lemon
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped (60 ml)
1. In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat the oil and saute the shrimps for 2-3 minutes. Take the pan away from the heat and immediately add the ouzo and light it. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.Risotto
1. In a saucepan, bring stock to a simmer on medium-low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, cook onion in oil over medium-low heat, stirring, until softened, for about 5 minutes. Add rice, stirring until each grain is coated with oil. Add about 3/4 cup of simmering stock and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Continue adding stock, 3/4 cup at a time, still stirring constantly and letting each batch be absorbed before adding the next, until about half of the stock is remaining. Reduce heat to moderate if necessary to keep the risotto at a simmer. Continue adding the stock in the same manner until rice is tender and creamy looking but still al dente, about 20 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, add the butter then the cheeses. Mix well. Add the spinach and the juice of the lemon and continue mixing. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Garnish each portion of the risotto with grilled shrimps, parsley, lemon zest and feta cheese