- serves 36
These spinach balls are packed with nutrients and taste great to boot!
2 pkg frozen chopped spinach (defrosted), approx 300 grams each
2 egg whites
4 green onions
1 pkg chicken stuffing mix, approx 120 grams
1 cup grated light Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Cooking spraySweet Hot Mustard
¼ cup dry mustard
¼ cup vinegar
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Squeeze a small portion of the moisture from defrosted spinach and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add whole egg and egg whites (reserve 1 yolk for the Sweet Hot Mustard).
4. Finely chop green onions, adding to bowl as you chop.
5. Add stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil. Stir ingredients until well combined. Feel free to use your hands.
6. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
7. Form mixture into bite size balls and place on baking sheet. Place in hot oven. Set timer for 15 minutes.Sweet Hot Mustard
1. Whisk dry mustard and vinegar together in a small stove top pot. Whisk in sugar and egg yolk until combined.
2. Cook mustard at medium heat until slightly thickened.
3. Remove from heat and let stand to cool.