Spinach Mushroom Lasagne
- prep time 15 min
- total time 85 min
- serves 12
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ pounds cremini and/or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 15 ounce container part-skim ricotta
¾ cup skim milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil, plus more to garnish
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
5 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
12 sheets no-cook lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, thyme, and season with salt; cook until softened, about 10-12 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, milk, eggs and stir. Add 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, basil and oregano; season with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate.
3. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan. Layer 4 sheets of lasagne on top, slightly overlapping. Spread half the ricotta mixture on the noodles, and cover with half the mushroom mixture. Top with 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce. Repeat with 4 sheets of lasagne, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining mushrooms, and 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce.
4. Cover with remaining 4 sheets of lasagne, remaining cup tomato sauce and remaining cup mozzarella cheese.
5. Lightly coat a sheet of aluminum foil with non-stick spray and cover uncooked lasagna, spray-side down. Bake covered until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Remove foil from lasagna and increase heat to 450. Cook until cheese browns, about 12 minutes.
6. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm, garnished with basil.