Split Pea and Ginger Soup
- prep time 15 min
- total time 135 min
2 cup green split peas, rinsed
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and pinced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 onions, peeled and finely diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 cup vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
splash maple syrup
1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add carrots, celery, onions and dried oregano. Continue cooking on medium heat until vegetables are softened.
3. Add stock and split peas, bring to a boil and turn down to medium low. Cook until peas are completely soft, stirring occasionally; 1-2 hours.
4. Turn off heat. Add maple syrup and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
5. To serve ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site