Spotted Dick Cake
- prep time 20 min
- total time 55 min
- serves NULL
1 ¼ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup currants
¼ cup sherry
¼ cup rum
icing sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Line two 8” round pans with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, soak currants in sherry and rum. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Once combined, alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream.
6. Remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in soaked currants.
7. Fill prepared cake pans with batter and bake for 30-40 minutes, checking after 30 with a toothpick.
8. Once cooled, top with icing sugar.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site