Steak and Kidney Pie
- prep time 1 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 8
1½ - 2 cups milk
3 lb. beef, cubed
½ cup flour
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil for browning the beef
2 cup beef gravy
½ cup red wine
1 sheet of puff pastry (store bought)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Clean kidney by cutting out all the white bits, and slice into small pieces.
3. Blanch in milk. Strain and set aside.
4. Toss beef with flour, salt & pepper mixture.
5. Coat pan with oil and sauté the beef until brown, and strain.
6. Mix beef and kidney together.
7. Add gravy and red wine.
8. Place in a baking dish, and cover dish with puff pastry.
9. Brush puff pastry with egg wash. Remember to cut a few slits in the pastry.
10. Bake pie for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site