Steak with Bread and Zucchini Boats
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
1 tsp Canola oil
1 small shallot
1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
¼ cup red wine
2 Tbsp Orange-Ginger Sauce, VH
1 Tbsp Strong Garlic Rib Sauce, VH
¼ tsp hot curry paste
2 medium zucchini
1 tsp olive oil
prepared garlic (from a jar)
1/4 of a red pepper
2 Tbsp feta cheese
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
4 tsp pine nuts
Mrs.Dash Grill Blend for Steaks
2 lb. (900 g) good quality steak (thick sirloin or tenderloin)
1 whole wheat baguette
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1. Take out steaks to sit at room temperature and take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Preheat BBQ to 350°F (medium heat).
3. Heat oil in small saucepan on medium-high. Finely chop shallot and add to pan. Cook until it starts browning. .
4. Add chicken broth, wine, rib sauce, curry paste and pepper to pan.
5. Boil until mixture reduces by half, and then remove from heat. You will reheat it once steak is ready.
6. Meanwhile: Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and place on a microwave safe plate flesh side up. Microwave to soften for 2 1/2 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a fry-pan at medium-high. Chop onion and add to pan. Add garlic.
8. Cut mushrooms into small pieces adding to pan as you cut.
9. Finely chop pepper adding to pan as you cut.
10. Make slits in the flesh of the zucchini but not all the way through.
11. Scoop out inside of zucchini with a spoon, holding the shell firmly, adding to pan as you scoop.
12. Stir-fry until all is combined and fragrant.
13. Remove from heat. Stir in feta, and Parmesan.
14. Place zucchini hollow side up in a BBQ veggie basket. Scoop prepared filling into hollowed out zucchini halves.
15. Top with pine nuts and place on grill of preheated BBQ.
16. Sprinkle steak with spice on both sides.
17. Move veggie grill to top rack of BBQ and place steaks on grill.
18. When steaks un-stick easily from grill (2 minutes), rotate and cook for 1 more minute to create a grill mark, then flip. Cook to slightly under desired tenderness.
19. Slice baguette lengthwise. Butter and sprinkle with garlic powder and dried parsley. Place on upper rack of BBQ, butter side up.
20. Reheat steak sauce just before serving.