Stewed Pork with Eggs in Soy Sauce (Moo Palo)
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
2 cup Five-flower pork (pork belly), blanched, rinsed and cut into one-inch pieces
4 eggs, hard boiled, shelled and coated with dark soy sauce
4 cup water
4 tsp Thin soy sauce
4 Tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp black pepper
dash of salt
1 Tbsp Pickled garlic, thin sliced
½ Tbsp Garlic, thin sliced
1 Tbsp Cilantro roots or stems
2 Tbsp Cilantro leaves
1. Heat water, add five-flower pork, pickled garlic, garlic, cilantro roots and bring to boil.
2. Season with thin soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, black pepper and a dash of salt to taste.
3. Cook in a well-lidded pot over medium heat for 1 1/2 hour or until pork is tender.
4. Add soy-colored boiled eggs, close off lid, and continue to simmer for another 20 -25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve.