Sticky Barbecue Ribs
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 cup barbeque sauce (250 mL)
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar (25 mL)
1 Tbsp soy sauce (15 mL)
1 Tbsp onion powder (15 mL)
4 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup vegetable oil (50 mL)
1 Tbsp salt (5 mL)
1 tsp pepper(5 mL)
1 kg. baby back pork ribs, cut into 3-4 rib pieces (2.5 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, combine barbecue sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3-6 minutes or until thickened.
3. Cut pieces of aluminum foil into 14" (20 cm) sections. Place one section of rib in centre of each piece of foil.
4. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of marinade. Divide remaining marinade equally among rib sections. Fold up sides of aluminum foil, and seal, making sure that steam cannot escape. Transfer ribs to a baking sheet.
5. Bake ribs at 275°F (140 C) for 2 hours, or until tender and pulling away from the bone. Preheat grill. Over medium heat, grill cooked ribs, basting with reserved marinade, for about 10-15 minutes or until caramelized and darkened.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site