- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
2 lb(s) seaweed
¼ cup sea salt
2 live lobsters
4 ears of corn
2 fresh pork sausages
1 lb(s) clams
6 small new fingerling potatoes
1. Into a large pot or large kettle pour about 3-4 inches of water. (10 cm) Add a few handfuls of seaweed to come ¼ way up the pot. (the seaweed will act as the steaming bed. If you can’t find seaweed, you can make a steaming bed with rocks).
2. Nestle the lobsters on top of the seaweed.
3. Place the corn, sausages and potatoes on top. Add your clams on top and cover with a lid or tin foil.
4. Bring your pot to a boil over high heat, turn down to medium, and steam the ‘clambake’ for about 20 - 30 minutes or until clam shells have opened wide and lobster has turned bright red.
5. Scoop out all the pieces onto a serving platter, cut the lobster tail from midway through to the end and open up for ease of eating with your hands!
6. Serve with bottled hot sauce, lobster crackers and a pot of warm garlic butter… for dipping and slurping.