Strombolis with Black Forest Ham and Asparagus
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 pound wholewheat pizza dough or bread dough (500g)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15ml)
1 clove of garlic, large, minced
1 teaspoon butter (5ml)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (125ml)
8 ounces deli-sliced Black Forest ham (250g)
1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
6 ounces blanched asparagus (180g)
1. Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
2. In a nonstick skillet melt butter. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to brown.
3. Roll out dough into an 11 inch x 16 inch rectangle. Brush with mustard and garlic butter. Cut into four pieces.
4. Top each piece with cheese, ham and tomato.
5. Beginning at long end, arrange asparagus along edge. Roll up dough in jelly roll style. Pinch seam to seal, but do not seal end edges.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Tip: Try other flavours such as peanut butter and diced apple.