- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
8 small squid, cleaned
2 balls of mozzarella di bufala
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 eggplant, diced
1 zucchini, diced
20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons capers
15 green olives
1 clove garlic, crushed with peel on
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. You can buy the squid cleaned, but make sure it has the tentacles on it. To start, give the squid a good rinse inside and out.
2. On medium, heat 1/2 olive oil in a frying pan and sauté your diced vegetables, add salt and pepper to taste. Remove pan from heat and add diced mozzarella di bufala, making sure you do not melt the mozzarella.
3. Gently stuff the vegetable mozzarella mixture into each calamari. Don’t overstuff because when they cook the squid shrinks and you don’t want the stuffing to pop out. Seal the opening by threading the tentacles through the body with a toothpick a few times.
4. In another frying pan, add remaining olive oil and whole clove of garlic with peel on. Add stuffed calamari and cook for about 1 minute on their own.
5. While the calamari continues to cook, add your cherry tomatoes, capers, and olives for the sauce. Remove clove of garlic from sauce and add a pinch of salt if you like. Cook for a few minutes and remove from heat. Serve immediately.