Stuffed Chicken Breast
- serves 0
1 8 oz chicken breast
4 sliced button mushrooms
1 Tbsp finely diced white onion
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chopped thyme
1 Tbsp goat cheese
1. Between 2 layers of plastic wrap pound the chicken breast to about ½ an inch thick.
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté mushrooms & onions with a little bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Add garlic and cook for 4 more minutes, then refrigerate.
3. Take the stuffing out of the fridge and add in the fresh herbs and season well with salt and pepper.
4. On 2 layers of plastic wrap lay out chicken flesh side up, season with salt and pepper, and spread filling evenly about 1/8 inch thick.
5. Then using the plastic wrap, roll the chicken breast tightly in a pinwheel style to obtain a long tight log. Tie knots at the ends of the plastic wrap to secure and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. In a pot of barley simmering water, drop chicken in for about 8 minutes and then let cool for about 4 minutes until they are easy to handle. Take chicken out of the plastic wrap.
7. In a sauté pan over medium heat with a little vegetable oil, sauté the chicken and roll evenly on all sides which is about 6 minutes of cooking.
8. When fully cooked, slice the chicken in medallions and serve.