Stuffed Chicken Legs
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
⅓ cup wild rice
1 ½ cup salted water
2 mild Italian sausages, casings removed
2 Tbsp dried cranberries, finely chopped
Salt and pepperChicken
4 large chicken legs
2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 large toothpicks
1. Place the wild rice and salted water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
2. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. Using your fingers and a very sharp knife, free the meat from around each thigh bone. Dislocate the bone from the drumstick bone and cut through the joint to free and remove the thigh bone.
4. Stuff the thighs. Pin closed with the toothpicks.
5. Arrange the legs on the baking sheet, skin side up. Brush with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until the stuffing reaches 74°C (165°F), about 1 hour. Remove the toothpicks and serve.Chicken