Stuffed Turkey Bites
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cooking oil
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
¼ pound ground veal
1 ½ pound large turkey cutlet
Salt and pepper
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the onion in the oil. Add the spices and cranberries. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add the veal and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Using a rolling pin, flatten the turkey between two pieces of plastic wrap until you have a rectangle measuring about 15 x 23 cm (6 x 9 inches). Remove the top piece of plastic wrap. Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the stuffing along one of the long sides. Without rolling the plastic wrap, roll the turkey into a cylinder about 23 cm (9 inches) long and about 4 cm (1 1/2 inches) in diameter. Gently lay the cylinder on a piece of aluminum foil and remove the plastic wrap. Roll the cylinder in the foil and twist the two ends closed. Lay on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 74°C (166°F), about 35 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into 1-cm (1/2-inch) slices. Serve hot.
6. Note: If the turkey cutlet is too small to make a large roll, use 2 cutlets laid side-by-side and overlapping slightly.