Sunday Ham with Apple, Maple, and Rosemary Mustard Sauce
- prep time 1 min
- total time 120 min
- serves 6
This moist and tender ham will be the star at your next gathering.
Michael Smith Chef at Home
4 lb. ham, bone in
2 cup apple cider, wine, fruit juice, broth or water
2 heaping spoonfuls Dijon mustard, horseradish, marmalade, jam, jelly or any condiment
1 Tbsp dried rosemary or any other herb or spice
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the ham in a large pot with a tight fitting lid. Add apple cider, mustard and rosemary. Cover with the lid and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 1 1/2 hours. At this point, you may serve the ham as is with the broth, or carry on and glaze it and make a sauce.
3. Remove the ham and place in a roasting pan and reserve broth in pot.
4. Ladle 1 cup of the broth from the ham pot into a small saucepan and reduce it over high heat until it is the consistency of syrup. Brush the glaze all over the ham, and then place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile stir the cornstarch into the water until it dissolves. Heat the remaining ham broth to a simmer and whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened. Slice the glazed ham and serve with the sauce.