Surf N' Turf Kabobs
- serves 6
1 lb(s) Sirloin steak, trimmed and cubed (500g)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
½ cup store bought BBQ sauce (125ml)
¼ tsp Five Spice powder (1ml)
½ cup pineapple juice (125ml)
24 pineapple chunks
salt and freshly ground pepper
wooden skewersShrimp and Scallop Kabobs
14 oz small scallops (400g)
¾ lb(s) medium raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned (375g)
3 green onions
1 tsp grated lime rind (5ml)
2 Tbsp lime juice (30ml)
¼ cup canola oil (65ml)
½ tsp sesame oil (2ml)
¼ tsp lemon pepper (1ml)
1 Tbsp chopped parsley, optional (15ml)
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, optional (15ml)
Meat - BBQ sauce, red pepper, yellow pepper, pineapple and pineapple juice
Seafood - lemon pepper, pineapple juice, canola oil and parsley
Meat - BBQ sauce, Five Spice powder and peppers
Seafood - lime rind, lime juice, sesame oil, canola oil and cilantro
1. Divide BBQ sauce in thirds. Reserve one third for brushing kabobs. Add Five Spice powder to one bowl and half of the pineapple juice to remaining sauce. Add meat to each bowl and marinate for 15 minutes, at room temperature.
2. Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes.
3. Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
4. Assemble beef kebabs:
Kids': Thread red and yellow peppers, pineapple and beef onto skewers.
Adults': Thread red, yellow and green peppers and beef onto skewers.
5. Grill the kebabs, brushing with remaining sauce for 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
1. Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. Cut green onions into 2-inch lengths.
2. Thread shrimp and scallops, alternating with green onion onto soaked wooden skewers.
3. In small bowls mix:
4. Heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
5. Place kebabs on heated grill; brush with sauces and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with parsley and cilantro, if using.Kids Adults