Sweet Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad with Corn Tortillas, Shrimp and Lime-Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- prep time 75 min
- total time 105 min
- serves 4
½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce, mincedSweet Corn-Ricotta Tortillas
1 cup (250 mL) cornmeal
½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
½ cup (125 mL) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
½ cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
1 cup (250 mL) sweet corn kernels
2 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup (60 mL) warm waterLime-Jalapeno Vinaigrette
¼ cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp (15 mL) minced shallots
1 Tbsp (15 mL) minced jalapeno peppers
1 ½ cup (750 mL) canola oil
salt and pepperSweet Corn and Heirloom Tomato
2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
4 cup (1 L) shucked sweet corn kernels
1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
2 cup (500 mL) diced heirloom tomatoes
½ cup (125 mL) finely sliced red onion
½ cup (125 mL) reserved lime-jalapeno vinaigrette
salt and pepperPan Seared Shrimp
1 Tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
salt and pepper
12 extra-large (size 16-20) shrimp, shelled and deveined
1. Whisk ingredients together until well combined and refrigerate until ready to use.Sweet Corn-Ricotta Tortillas
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and butter and process until crumbly, then stir in ricotta, corn and green onion and just enough water to form a smooth dough.
2. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each into a ball, place on a baking sheet, cover with a clean tea towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball with the palm of your hand into a 3-inch circle.
4. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and, working in batches, cook tortillas until puffy and slightly brown, about 1 ½ minutes per side.Lime-Jalapeno Vinaigrette
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, mustard, shallots and jalapeno, then slowly whisk in oil to emulsify and season to taste with salt and pepper.Sweet Corn and Heirloom Tomato
1. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add oil, corn and green onions and sauté until tender-crisp; about 10 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly before tossing with remaining ingredients.Pan Seared Shrimp
1. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and melt butter.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
3. To Plate: On each of four plates, lay 3 tortillas, mound corn-tomato salad, and top each with 3 shrimp and a dollop of chipotle aioli. Serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site