Sweet Onion Dip with Veggies
- serves 8
1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp light brown sugar or maple syrup
6 oz fresh goat cheese
3 oz feta cheese
½ cup sour cream
salt and pepperVeggies
Asparagus Spears, blanched
Green Beans, blanched
Mini potatoes, cooked
Patty pan squash, halved
Baby carrots (tops on), peeled and blanched
1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
2. Peel onion and cut in quarters, leaving stem end intact. Place onion in a baking dish, brush with oil, sprinkle with brown sugar or brush with maple syrup and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, until soft and caramelized on the surface. Let cool.
3. Cut off stem-end of onion and purée in food processor. Add goat cheese and feta and pulse until smooth. Add sour cream and season to taste.
4. Chill until ready to serve.Veggies
1. Arrange prepared vegetables on a serving platter and serve with dip.
2. To prepare and store veggies in advance, arrange on platter, cover with damp paper towel, then cover loosely in plastic wrap.