Sweet Pea Mash
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 32
3 cup frozen peas (750 mL)
1 small shallot
1 clove garlic
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (125 mL)
1 heads garlic, roasted
3/10 cup good quality olive oil (75 mL)
1 tsp kosher salt (5 mL)
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper (1 mL)
1 long French-style baguette
¼ cup olive oilRoast Garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F( 180C)
2. Run the frozen peas under warm tap water, strain and reserve.
3. In a food processor, combine shallot and garlic until finely chopped. Add the peas, cheese and roasted garlic, and pulse again until smooth. While machine is running, drizzle olive oil through feed tube. Once combined, season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice baguette into 32, 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices and lay on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle each slice with salt. Bake until lightly golden about 10 -15 minutes.
5. Top baguette slices with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sweet pea mash.Roast Garlic
1. Using a sharp knife, remove the end of the head of the garlic. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and wrap loosely in foil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake, at 425°F (220 C) until garlic is tender, about 45 minutes. When cool, squeeze roasted garlic out of skins.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site