Sweet Sour Meatloaf
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
3 slices of white bread, crust removed and cut into ½ inch cubes
½ cup beef stock (125 ml)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (30 ml)
1 cup finely chopped onion (250 ml)
1 pound ground turkey (454 g)
1 pound ground veal (454 g)
1 large egg, beaten
½ cup chopped fresh parsley (125 ml)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (30 ml)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (15 ml)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (15 ml)
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup tomato chutney (125 ml)
2 tablespoons ginger beer (30 ml)
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To make the meatloaf, Combine the bread and stock in a bowl and set aside to soak.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the onions, season and sauté until the onions are soft but not brown. Set the onions aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey and veal, cooked onion, soaked bread, egg, parsley, sage, Worcestershire and Dijon. Season the meat mixture and thoroughly combine.
5. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the chutney and ginger beer.
7. After 30 minutes of cooking, remove the meatloaf from the oven and pour the glaze over the meatloaf. Return it to the oven and continue to bake another 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.