Swiss Chard Mascarpone Ravioli, Pan-Seared and Drizzled with Truffled Creme
- prep time 0 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
3/10 cup unsalted butter
1 sprig fresh thyme
Tbsp 2-3 tablespoons white truffle oil
3/10 cup heavy cream
pinch sea salt and coarsely cracked pepper to tasteRavioli
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch of hot chili flakes
2 shallots, minced
2 portabella mushrooms, finely diced
pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
5 Swiss chard leaves, julienned
¼ cup softened mascarpone cheese
¼ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
8 Fresh pasta sheets, approx 4 x 8" per sheet
Freshly shaved parmesan
1. Into the saucepan, add: unsalted butter and sprig of thyme. Heat on medium until it turns brown, about 5 minutes. The second butter starts becoming a medium brown, take the pan off the heat. Add white truffle oil, mix. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this butter sauce to pan fry the ravioli.
2. To the saucepan add: the heavy cream, sea salt and coarsely cracked pepper. Whisk until emulsified.Ravioli
1. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and hot chili flakes to the pan and sauté until the garlic becomes golden, about 2 minutes. Throw in the minces shallots, portabella mushrooms, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, and sauté for 8 minutes. Add the Swiss chard to the pan along with a touch more sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Sauté a few minutes until the chard has wilted. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool.
2. In a big bowl, add: the softened mascarpone, ricotta, parmesan, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and the sautéed Swiss chard mixture. Delicately mix together.
3. Using a ravioli cutter, cut the pasta into 2” shapes: circles, or squares. Lightly wet the edges of the pasta with water. Place 1/3 teaspoon of the Swiss chard and cheese filling in the center of the pasta. Wet the edges of another piece of pasta, and place it on top. Use a fork, or your fingers to seal the pasta together. Make sure you seal it tight. Repeat until no filling remains.
4. Boil the ravioli in salted water for 6 minutes. Strain.
5. Pour the 2 tablespoons of brown butter sauce into a frying pan. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and turn up the heat to medium-high. Place the ravioli into the pan and sear them for a minute on each side.
6. Line the ravioli up on a plate, drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of sauce and sprinkle with parmesan shavings.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site